Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Ghandi

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Final Scholarship Award for 2011

     One Nurse is proud to announce our 15th Scholarship award for 2011, Kayla Lee, RN, BSN, BA, CCRN. Kayla will be leaving for Chocola, Guatemala with Refuge International at the end of the week.  In Kayla's words....
     "I’ve been a registered nurse for over 12 years now in the intensive care unit setting.  I’ll be attending my first medical missions trip ever at the end of October 2011 to Guatemala.  It’s been something I’ve been talking about doing for a while and now will be putting words to action.  I’m way overdue - it’s time to live beyond myself and to step outside of my plush American lifestyle.  Though it sounds selfish, I hope to gain more out of this experience than the people I’ll be serving."
     Everyone at One Nurse wishes Kayla well and looks forward to hearing all about her experience when she returns.

Kayla Lee, RN, BSN, BA, CCRN received a BA in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego and her BSN at Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. she has worked in the  Medical Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA since 2007..

No comments:

Post a Comment