Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Ghandi

Friday, August 19, 2011

ONAAT Awards Our Eleventh Scholarship for 2011



 One Nurse At A Time congratulates Heather Saunders, RN on on her dedication to humanitarian nursing. Heather will be serving in September with ER Abroad in Nakuru, Kenya and is the eleventh ONAAT scholarship recipient this year. In Heather's own words:

"I am currently a registered nurse at a level 1 trauma center in Springfield, IL. Although I love my job as an emergency room nurse, my truest calling and passion is for working with populations of people in health crisis and in need of humanitarian assistance.  I graduated from an ADN program in May of 2010 but have been participating in medical mission work since the summer of 2006 when I accompanied a team of medical staff to Ghana, West Africa.  I am currently finishing my bachelor’s degree in nursing and hope to continue on to John Hopkins University where I aspire to obtain a master’s degree in public health.  It is my dream to be able to work full time in medical missions.  Until then I will continue to bring love and medicine to the world through short-term trips."

                        "The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne

1 comment:

  1. I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related subject, lucky for me your web site came up, its a great website. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. You really are a phenomenal person with a brilliant mind!
    Please Visit ===> Registered Nurse Training Class

    ReplyDelete