Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Ghandi

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Piece of My Heart - Becky Elder, FNP


Posted by Picasa  One Nurse At A Time's first scholarship nurse for 2011, Becky Elder, recently returned from a medical mission in Guatemala with the organization Hearts in Motion (http://www.heartsinmotion.org/ )   Becky writes:

I knew this trip would be meaningful.  I did not know it would be a personal awakening as to who I was and what purpose I bring to this world.  I have lived a week in Guatemala and my life will forever be changed by those who touched my life and therefore touched my heart.  I broke off a piece of my heart and left it in Guatemala.  Someday I will return.
Have you participated in any medical missions in the past?  Is it something you'd like to do in the future?  Where have YOU left a piece of your heart?  
We look forward to hearing from you!
~Nancy